We are pleased to announce that POETIC 8, the Eighth International Conference on the ‘Physics Opportunities at an ElecTron-Ion Collider’, will take place at Regensburg University, GERMANY from Monday, March 19th to Thursday, March 22 2018. The primary goal of the conference is to continue the advancement of the field of electron-ion collider physics both for EIC and for possible future, extremely high energy electron-nucleon colliders.
Introductory lectures will be given during the morning of Monday, 19, i.e. before the start of the workshop, targeting physicists who are no experts yet but consider getting involved in EIC physics or similar initiatives.
Small scale satellite workshops can be organized for Thursday, 22 afternoon and Friday, 23 if there is interest. If so, the proponents of these satellite workshops/group meetings should contact the organizers of POETIC 8 as soon as possible.
The program will consist of invited and contributed talks. We strongly encourage the submission of abstracts. Postdocs and students are especially encouraged to attend the conference.
- Structure of hadrons: (nuclear) parton distribuition functions (PDFs nPDFs), transverse momentum dependent (TMDs) and generalized parton distributions (GPDs), Distribution Amplitudes (DAs) , Double Distributions (DDs).
- QCD at high parton densities and small-x: saturation, evolution, Color Glass Condensate
- Fragmentation functions and Jet properties
- Complementarity and connections of EIC physics with p+p, p+A and A+A collisions: high-pt processes, diffraction, multi-parton interactions, quark-gluon plasma and colored probes in hot nuclear matter.
- Physics beyond the Standard Model and connections to other areas in physics.
- Future DIS facilities: accelerator and detector developments.
POETIC-8 Satellite Workshop on Monte Carlo Event Generators
The “8th International Conference on Physics Opportunities at an ElecTron-Ion-Collider” (POETIC-8) is an ideal opportunity to discuss Monte Carlo Event Generators (MCEGs) for upcoming ep and eA colliders, such as the EIC, LHeC and VHEeP facilities. A satellite workshop “MCEGs for future ep and eA facilities” will be held on March 22-23 2018 at University of Regensburg, Germany, to review the MCEGs for ep and eA processes and discuss the requirements and developments for the MC-EGs for the science program at the EIC, LHeC, and VHEeP. The workshop is organized by scientists working on the EIC, E.C. Aschenauer (BNL) and M. Diefenthaler (JLab), and scientists from the MCNET community, S. Plätzer (Vienna) and S. Prestel (FNAL).