About 25 hotels (one to three stars) are available within walking distance at a price per night below 100 €. There are also a a few cheaper hotels (50 €) and some Bed and Breakfast, and of course apartment rentals. You can use any hotel booking site of your choice to reserve your preferred accommodation. Please notice that the prices will increase significantly and availability will rarefy as we approach conference dates. Special accomodations, in particular boats, can be found for not so high prices in the Airbnb web site.
A few rooms are prereserved in the hotel Citotel Le Bord'O, which is close both to the conference site and the city center. It is a nice hotel within a very animated district, in a old building renovated by designers. Rooms are fully equipped with free Wifi. The prereserved rooms are "Medium" ones for 95€ per day with breakfast included. Reservation must be done before the 5th April 2019 by email. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention that you are part of the MPGD2019 conference. Web site (in french): hotel-lebordo.com
The hotels Kyriad Les Minimes (3 stars) and Première Classe Les Minimes (2 stars) have also some rooms prereserved for the MPGD2019 conference. They are both placed in the "Minimes" borough at a 10-minutes walk of the conference site. They provides rooms with bathroom and WiFi connection. Special prices are provided for the conference:
- Kyriad hotel: single room with breakfast for 73.65€/day, room for 2 persons with breakfast for 85.30€/day
- Première Classe: single room with breakfast for 50€/day, room for 2 persons with breakfast for 56€/day
Reservation must be done before the 5th of April by email. Contacts: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, please mention that you are part of the MPGD2019 conference.
Low price accommodations are also possible in La Rochelle city:
- A Youth Hostel is available at a walking distance of the conference site. Rooms can be booked on their web site. However this Hostel is very crowded during spring and summer and rooms may be difficult to reserve for the conference period.
- Student lodgings (so called "Crous") in La Rochelle may be rented for a limited period of time with interesting prices, please refer to the web site of the Bed&Crous company which manage this service. Students can benefit of lower prices, do not forget to bring a proof of your status (student card).
- Student lodgings for limited periods can also be reserved directly to the Crous management at lower prices without passing through Bed&Crous. This can be done by sending a mail to email@example.com, in french only. The mail should mention the dates and the reason of the venue (MPGD2019 conference), the status of the applicant (student or not), and a copy of the passport and of the student card if applicable. The Crous management will then send by mail an application file to be filled up and sent back, and a link for the payment, to be paid in advance. Prices for the 5-days stay are 82€ (student) or 122.50€ (non student) for a 9m² room in the Antinea residence, or 94,25€ (student) or 137€ (non student) for a 18m² studio in the Aziyadé residence. An additional stay tax of 0.83€ per person and per day has to be paid when you arrive. Keys have to be taken at the Antinea residence (Cité Antinéa, 15, rue Vaux de Foletier, La Rochelle) upon arrival with the passport or an ID card.