Mandate of the review:
The main objective is to review the alignment solutions foreseen for HL-LHC, with a focus on the internal metrology, the monitoring of inner triplet cold masses and crab cavities inside their cryostat and full remote alignment systems.
Scope of the review:
The scope of this review is:
- To examine the soundness of the proposed solutions individually and as a global system;
- To verify that all requirements from equipment owners and machine operation are duly covered;
- To check that the interfaces between WP15.4 and the other WPs are clear;
- To check the readiness of the solutions proposed and evaluate the associated risk if any;
- To evaluate the related test plan, acceptance criteria and the overall schedule;
- To examine the procurement strategy, identifying possible risks;
- To put in evidence possible integration issues and safety aspects.
Review Panel members: Georg Gassner (SLAC, Chairman), Johannes Prenting (DESY), Jean-Philippe Tock (CERN) and Jorg Wenninger (CERN).
Scientific secretary: Mark Jones
Review link persons: Hélène Mainaud Durand and Paolo Fessia.
Dates and Place: The review is scheduled from 26 August to 28 August 2019 at CERN, room 30/7-018.
Charges: See attached document.