DUE TO COVID-19, the INFIERI2020 SCHOOL EDITION WAS POSTPONED TO THIS YEAR 2021.
The VIth edition of the INFIERI International Summer School series will be hosted at the Autonoma University of MADRID, UAM, from August 23 to September 4, 2021
The focus of the school is on the most advanced technologies in the fields of semiconductors, very deep submicron and 3D technologies, nanotechnology, advanced packaging and interconnects, telecommunications, real-time signal processing, filtering and massively parallel computing and on the physics motivations that require confronting these technogical challenges for building the needed new instruments.
These physics motivations are reviewed both in dedicated lectures as well as in all the more technology-based lectures.
The school provides lectures and lab work in a variety of cross-disciplinary example applications drawn from the exploration of distant universe, through medical imaging of the human body, to exploration of the elementary particle world and fall backs on the daily-life (this year: on new energies). Lectures on technical developments and science overviews will be given by experts from academia and industry, alongside with hands-on lab sessions with demonstrators and subject specific master-classes on science & technology.
The UAM INFIERI School flyer is available here below: UAM-INFIERI-Flyer2021.pdf
- SCHOOL SCHEDULE: Apart from the first and last days of the school, the morning sessions from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm are dedicated to the lectures held in the Lecture Hall. The afternoon sessions are devoted to the Lab sessions from 2:30 pm to 5:30pm. They are followed by a 30 min tea/coffee break. A science and/or technology overview keynote lecture from 6pm to 8:00 pm end the program of the day. All the days (except the Sunday) follows this schedule (details are posted in the timetable).
On the Sunday between the two weeks of the School a visit and school banquet are organized in the town of Segovia.
- SAFETY RULES: Although we are optimistic about the Health conditions at the time of the School thanks to continuing progress in COVID-19 vaccination, diagnostics and treatments, the school is being organised with special care and following very strict safety rules. They are detailed in the PRACTICAL INFO in the website front-page and will be kept updated with the evolution of the situation.
- LABS: The description of the Computing and Practical Labs will be included in a booklet format available on line for the attendants about 2 weeks from the start of the school.
The "LABs" are presented on the Opening day in the plenary afternoon session. Students will finalised their registration to the Labs on the dedicated slot in the school website after this session.
- SCHOOL PROGRAMME:
The detailed programme of the Lectures and Keynote lectures is available on the TIMETABLE.
A BRIEF OVERVIEW is posted on UAM-Prog@glance-2021.pdf
The Proceedings of INFIERI 2020-21 will be published in the Journal of Instrumentation, JINST.
- STUDENTS' POSTER: The school attendants are expected to provide a poster. The last day of the School, a session from 9am to 3pm is dedicated to the presentation of posters in an exhibition Hall.
The three best posters will be awarded
- LECTURES & LABS LOCATION:
The Opening Day, all the Morning plenary Lectures and all the Keynote sessions, at the end of the afternoons, will be held in the MAIN AUDITORIUM of the FACULTY of BIOLOGY with over 420 seats (Photograph here below).
The LABS sessions will be held in different parts of the Campus (see UAM MAP here below) and a few, even outside the Campus (ex: URJC or CIEMAT) with dedicated transportation.