VII. Mediterranean Thematic Workshop in Advanced Molecular Imaging, Portorož, Slovenia, September 13-15, 2021
Following the series of previously conducted symposia on dedicated medical imaging instrumentation and applications, we are presently organizing the 7th issue of this event in the beautiful city of Portorož, Slovenia.
The MEDAMI workshops are unique in that they address a medical imaging topic from the medical, clinical, and instrumentation perspective. They foster synergistic interactions between cutting edge applications and latest technical developments. Stakeholders from academia, medical institutions and organizations, regulatory agencies, and industry have an opportunity to jointly discuss strategic directions of the medical imaging field.
Some of the key topics this year’s forum shall address are:
- Brain Imaging in research and clinics − status and next frontiers
- Multimodality imaging advances in the context of understanding brain function in health and disease: neurodegeneration / dementia / brain trauma / psychiatry / addiction / brain cancer
- Role of animal models in the investigation of brain illness
- Brain-body connection: Role of high sensitivity / whole body scanners in brain imaging
- Data harmonization
- Technical Advances in brain imaging:
- TOF-PET: What timing resolution is needed? What is the impact?
- Photon counting/spectral/low dose CT: revolutionizing trauma imaging?
- Is there a role for brain only scanners?
- AI / ML / Deep learning: what does it bring to imaging?
- Imaging accessibility to a wider community.