The Program Committee of the 27th International Conference on Magnet Technology (MT27) invites you to submit abstracts for Oral or Poster presentation at the conference.
Scope of the MT27 Conference
Prior to abstract submission, you must check if your presentation includes the scope of the MT27 conference (click HERE!). An abstract that fails to incorporate the criteria might be the reason for rejection of presentation at the MT27 conference.
Main submission categories of the MT27 conference are listed as follows;
A. Magnets for Particle and Nuclear Physics
B. Magnets for Fusion
C. Magnets for High-Field Facilities
D. Magnets for Medical, Biological, and Analytical Applications
E. Magnet Technology for Power, Energy, Transport, and other Applications
F. Conductors and Materials for Magnets
G. Magnet Test, Analysis and Design Tools
H. Associated Technologies for Magnetsconference
Each main submission category consists of several sub-categories and you have to choose one of them when you submit the abstract.
Abstract Submission Deadline: updated to April 18, 2021
This deadline will be STRICTLY observed in fairness to all potential presenters. The deadline will not be extended. Abstracts that are not submitted to the submission site by the deadline will only be considered at the discretion of the Program Committee Chair.
- The abstract submission process is managed by the Indico tool hosted by CERN. To submit an abstract and for all further follow-up actions, such as submission of your poster and oral presentation, you have to register for an account at CERN.
- Any author presenting at MT27 must be a registered participant.
- In order to submit an abstract, you must have a CERN Lightweiget Account. You can also submit an abstract with your regular CERN Account.
- If a Lightweight Account does not yet exist, it can be created HERE.
- Provide your e-mail address, your first name, last name, institute, and agree to the terms.
- Click on the blue button “Register”.
- You will receive an email notification to confirm your account registration.
- If you already have a Lightweight Account, but the password is unknown, it can be reset HERE.
- Please be aware that your abstract and presentation at the conference will be associated with your account used for an abstract submission. If you have both a regular CERN Account and a CERN Lightweiget Account, please make sure that you should use only one account consistently to login Indico for the MT-27 conference.
- If you have any login difficulties, please contact the CERN support (email@example.com).
- If a Lightweight Account does not yet exist, it can be created HERE.
- Please follow the steps below to submit your abstract:
- Login to the submission site in the upper right corner of this site. If this is your first time logging into the submission site, you will be asked to create your Indico account. Please make sure your affiliation is correctly listed.
- When logged in, go to Abstract Submission and click on the “Submit new Abstract” link and complete the following fields:
- Abstract Title.
- Abstract Content (body - max 300 words or 2000 characters including acknowledgements and footnotes); do not use symbols, hyperlinks, bold and italic characters.
- Select the preferred type of presentation (Contribution type).
- Add Authors. Please check the affiliations and make sure the authors have valid email addresses.
- Select A SINGLE "Speaker" as the presenting author.
- Select the submission category (Track).
- Country of Speaker's affiliation.
- Complete the remaining fields, as required.
- Check the text and selections you made one last time.
- Click on the “submit” button and the submission is completed.
- Finished! The authors will get a submission confirmation email immediately.
- Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to ensure that future correspondence is received.
- Only abstracts submitted via the MT27 abstract submission system will be considered.
- The author who submits the abstract is considered the corresponding author and will receive any and all future notifications. Submissions on behalf of another author are not permitted.
- All co-authors must be entered into the abstract submission system. Contact information is required for the Submitting Author and the Presenting Author (Speaker), which may be, but are not necessarily, the same person. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all submitted information.
- The ID assigned to a submitted abstract is the primary means of identifying an abstract until the program is formed. Please use the abstract ID in any correspondence concerning abstracts until a program number has been issued.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee. All abstracts, presentations and papers must address an aspect of the magnet technology associated with the construction of coils and magnets. The subject matter should be technically oriented and feature new, original developments in the magnet technology. Abstracts must be written in the English language, must contain enough information to permit placement of the presentation into the program, and must make logical arguments based on scientific or engineering methods. The Program Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that do not conform to these guidelines.
- Presentations are either Oral or Poster. The Program Committee reserves the right to change the type of presentation from that preferred by the author to accommodate limitations on meeting space and other constraints.
- If you need to make changes to your submitted abstract prior to the submission deadline, please login to this site via the upper right corner and click on the “Abstract Submission (and Your Submitted Abstract)” link in the left navigation; click on the appropriate abstract title further below on the page, then click on the pencil (edit) button in the upper right corner.
- If you need to make changes to your submitted abstract after the submission deadline, please contact the Program Committee at email@example.com. Be sure to include your abstract submission ID number.
- The Program Committee plans to send "Abstract Acceptance/Rejection" notifications electronically on June 25, 2021.
- Acceptance of an abstract for presentation does not guarantee publication in the conference transactions.
- Abstract Withdrawal Requests
- Abstracts can be withdrawn via the abstract submission site through April 18, 2021 (abstract submission deadline). Click on “Abstract Submission (and Your Submitted Abstract)”, select the abstract you wish to withdraw further below on the page and click on the abstract title, then click on "Withdraw".
- Withdrawal requests after April 18, 2021 must be sent to the Program Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawals during the Conference: Please advise the staff in the Publication Office at the Conference venue.
- All authors of accepted Oral and Poster abstracts are expected to submit their presentations via the Indico site by the first day of the Conference, November 15, 2021. All Plenary, Oral and Poster presentations will be available to all conference attendees.