If you have received an Invitation Letter, you will be required to pay the School fee. The deadline for payment of the fee is:
Wednesday 15 September 2021
If you have been offered a place at the School and we have not received your fee by this date, you risk losing your place at the School and it being offered to another applicant.
The total fee of the School is EUR 550 per participant for accommodation in the student residence at MEDILS, and EUR 750 per participant for accommodation in Cvita hotel.
The fee covers:
- Tuition and handouts.
- Accommodation in single room from Sunday 10 October to Saturday 16 October at the MEDILS Conference Centre or at the nearby Cvita Hotel.
- All meals, including breakfast, lunches, dinners and coffee breaks; starting with the lunch on Sunday 10 October, to the final meal of breakfast on Saturday 16 October.
- All organized social activities (sport, excursions, special dinners etc.). Details will be provided at a later date.
The fee does NOT cover:
- Travel expenses from the participants' home location or working place to the MEDILS Conference Centre or Jadran Hotel in Split, and back.
- The cost of a travel visa where required.
- Any extra cost incurred during the stay (including private excursions, private expenses in the hotel and on the campus, private transport costs, private meals etc.) will not be covered by the School organization.
- Any cost incurred by a participant not following the official excursion or social programme (e.g. meal cost of a participant not attending an excursion which includes a meal) will not be covered by the School organization.
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned as included in the fee.
The School will neither arrange accommodation nor will cover any cost associated with an extended stay of students in Split. Participants arriving before Sunday 10 October morning/midday, or leaving after Saturday 16 October morning must organize their extended stay themselves.
In some cases (eg. applications from developing countries), applicants may be considered for financial support towards the School fee.
Please note that any consideration of support depends on your specific circumstances, as well as how many requests we receive. Therefore we cannot - and will not - provide you an estimate before we receive your and other requests.
If you wish to make a request for financial support, please send an e-mail to Computing.School@cern.ch (before 7 September 2021) to make an official request, explaining why you wish to be considered for financial support.
There are two ways to pay:
- TID - for participants located at CERN and/or with CERN internal transfer capabilities.
- Bank transfer - for participants external to CERN and/or with no CERN internal transfer capabilities.
TID and bank transfer details will be provided in the Invitation Letter.