We are excited to announce the upcoming EXCESS23@TAUP Workshop taking place in Vienna on August 26th, 2023. This workshop will be held as a satellite event to the TAUP conference, and we invite you to join us for a productive discussion.
The EXCESS23@TAUP Workshop is the fourth iteration of a series focusing on low-energy excesses observed in low-threshold experiments. This year, we will be centering our discussions on two main topics:
- Ionizing low-energy excess events in CCD-like sensors
- Low-energy excess events in cryogenic detectors
Throughout the workshop, you will have the opportunity to attend insightful presentations from leading collaborations that utilize these sensors and observe such excesses. Presentations with updates and new results were already confirmed by the DAMIC, SENSEI, DAMIC-M, CONNIE/SkipperCCD, CRESST-III, EDELWEISS/Ricochet, NUCLEUS, SuperCDMS-HVeV, and SuperCDMS-CPD/SPICE/HeRALD experiments. Moreover, an expert panel will be present to discuss the observations and share their perspectives on future developments. Confirmed experts:
- Christian Enss, Heidelberg University
- Daniel Egana-Ugrinovic, Perimeter Institute
- Jürgen Stockburger, Ulm University
- Radomir Smida, University of Chicago
- Vanessa Zema, Max Planck Institute for Physics
We encourage everyone interested in these topics to join the conversation and work together to address the shared challenges faced by our scientific community.
We look forward to welcoming you to the EXCESS23@TAUP Workshop!