Indico has been updated to v3.3. See our blog post for details on this release. (OTG0146394)

Sep 25 – 28, 2023
Simon Fraser University
US/Pacific timezone

Visa information & practicalities

Visa or ETA?

You either need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to a Canadian airport. You only need one or the other, not both.

Check you elegibility at: 

If you require an invitation letter for visa purposes, please contact: Pauline Dela Zilwa, TRIUMF - and submit your application as soon as possible.


Electric current in Canada: The standard voltage used in Canada is 127 V, while the standard voltage is 60 Hz. The power plugs and outlets used in Canada are the types A and B plugs.

Canada Plug & Power Outlet Type A

Canada Plug & Power Outlet Type B