6th International Workshop on Multiple Partonic Interactions at the LHC
The aim of this workshop on Multiple Partonic Interactions (MPI) at the LHC is to raise the profile of MPI studies, summarising the legacy from the phenomenology at previous hadron colliders, reviewing the early results from the LHC and fostering contact between the theoretical and experimental communities.
MPI are experiencing a growing popularity and are widely invoked to account for observations that cannot be explained otherwise: the activity of the Underlying Event, the rates for multiple heavy flavour production, the survival probability of large rapidity gaps in hard diffraction, etc. At the same time, the implementation of MPI effects in Monte Carlo generators is quickly proceeding at an increasing level of sophistication and complexity, which can have far reaching implications for LHC physics. The ultimate ambition of this workshop is to promote MPI as a unifying concept between apparently distinct lines of research, to profit from experimental progress in order to constrain their implementation in models, and to evaluate their impact on the LHC physics program.
- Phenomenology of MPI processes and multiparton distributions
- Considerations for the description of MPI in QCD
- Measuring multiple partonic interactions
- Experimental results on inelastic hadronic collisions: underlying event, minimum bias, forward energy flow
- Monte Carlo development and tuning
- Connections with low x, diffraction, heavy ion physics and cosmic rays
The registration fee for the meeting is:
- 150 EUR - early registration (before 31/08/2014)
- 100 EUR - early registration for students (before 31/08/2014)
- 200 EUR - late registration (after 1/09/2014)
- 150 EUR - late registration for students (after 1/09/2014)
In addition, there is a possibility to join common lunch for 50 EUR/person (5 lunches).
An excursion with conference dinner is planned at Thursday afternoon. The cost is 50 EUR/person.
Fees and additional expenses (lunches and excursion) can be paid via bank transfer:
Institute of Nuclear Physics PAN
ul. Radzikowskiego 152
31-342 Krakow, Poland
BANK: PEKAO SA.
IBAN: PL 42 1240 4722 1978 0000 4858 2254
In the transfer title the name of conference, your name and surname must be included, e.g.:
fee + 2 x dinner + lunch
Please make sure that the bank transfer costs are not drawn from the transferred funds. There is also a possibility to pay the fee in cash at the day of arrival. Please note that in that case only polish zloty currency will be accepted!
The registration cancellation is possible and:
- free of charge (before 15.10),
- 20% will be taken (after 15.10).
Opłata konferencyjna dla pracowników oraz studentów z Polski wynosi:
- 100 zł (rejestracja przed 31/08/2014),
- 200 zł (rejestracja po 1/09/2014).
Koszt wspólnych obiadów wynosi 225 zł/os., cena wycieczki to 225 zł/os..
Pieniądze prosimy wpłacać na konto numer 66 1240 4722 1111 0000 4850 1109 w banku PKO SA.
W tytule przelewu należy podać nazwę konferencji oraz imię i nazwisko wpłacającego.
MPI@LHC'12 CERN Geneva, Switserland: http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=184925
MPI@LHC'11 DESY Hamburg, Germany: http://mpi11.desy.de/
MPI@LHC'10 Glasgow, Scotland: http://www.mpi2010.physics.gla.ac.uk/
MPI@LHC'08 Perugia, Italy: http://www.pg.infn.it/mpi08/