The first international workshop on the physics of Ultra Peripheral Collisions will be organized at Hotel Iberostart Tucan/Quetzal in Playa del Carmen, Mexico from December 11-15, 2023.
There will be a student day on Sunday, December 10.
Early registration and abstract deadline: September 15. For more info, go to "Conference rates".
This is an in-person only event.
The following research topics will be discussed:
- Recent experimental results at HERA, RHIC and LHC
- Theoretical description of exclusive photon-proton and photon-nucleus scattering
- Nuclear PDFs developments using photon-induced data
- Nonlinear and gluon saturation effects in photon-nucleus scattering
- Hadronization in exclusive processes
- Soft nucleon and nucleus interactions
- Photoproduction in events with nuclear overlap
- UPCs and future electron-ion colliders