In paying the fees for CSC 2016, it is understood that participants accept and comply with these terms and conditions.
NB. "Attendee" and "Participant" are used interchangeably to mean the same thing.
If the applicant has been offered a place at the School, then the registration fee of EUR 1400 must be paid to CERN by 15 July 2016.
If the fee is not paid by this date, the School will assume that the participant is not coming, and their place may be offered to another candidate.
During your stay on the SCK-CEN site, all participants must obey the rules of the site concerning behaviour, access etc.
As this is a CERN event, please remember that by association you will also be ambassadors of CERN's values and standards of conduct. Therefore take note of the CERN Code of Conduct at http://cds.cern.ch/record/1273755/files/Codeofconduct.pdf
The scientific programme as available on the School web site may cover multiple domains, and participants must take part in all tracks.
All lectures of the school and the exercises will be in English language. Attendees must have a sufficient level of English to understand and take part effectively.
The cost of the event is subsized by the School. Accordingly, participants are expected to demonstrate a high level of commitment and engagement to the scientific programme.
If, for some reason, an attendee is prevented from attending the School, the attendee must inform the School Administration immediately by email at email@example.com.
If the fee has already been paid, the School will refund the attendee if a replacement attendee can be found (NB: the task of finding a replacement lies with the School).
No attendee may be accompanied by family, friends or pets (apart from Service Animals).
Meals will have a common menu and not served with a-la-carte facility.
Attendees will be sleeping in shared rooms (doubles or triples).
Any extra cost incurred by an attendee during the stay (including private expenses at hotel private transport costs, private meals...) will not be born by the school organization.
Attendees will be under their own risk and responsibility if they arrive before Sunday evening 28 August, or leave after Saturday 10 September 2016. The school will neither arrange for further accommodation nor will it cover any cost associated to the extended stay.
Participants must organise their own travel to and from the school location. The travel cost to and from the school is not included in the school fee.
It is the responsibility of the attendee to obtain a visa to travel to Belgium, if one is needed. The visa cost will not be supported by the school.
If a visa is required, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org without delay so that an invitation letter may be organised by the host institute SCK-CEN.
In accepting to participate in the CERN School of Computing, the participant understands and agrees to the following conditions:
- I shall ensure I have health and accident cover that includes adequate protection (including emergency medical treatment and hospitalisation in case of illness or accident) for the country in which the School takes place;
- I shall respect applicable rules and instructions, written or verbal, made available by Organizer(s) and I shall conduct myself appropriately, including in my online activities;
- Equipment and materials made available to me during the School are made available on an "as-is basis" without any warranties expressed or implied. I shall use of such equipment and materials with reasonable care, under my sole responsibility and at my sole risk.
- The Organizer(s) is (are) not liable for any loss of, theft of, or damage to any of my personal property or to third-party property that I may use;
- If I choose to participate in leisure activities, I must be medically fit to do so and, save for negligence or misconduct on the part of the Organizer(s), I assume all related risks and liabilities;
- My participation may be suspended or cancelled, without compensation, in case of a serious breach of these conditions;
- The Organizer(s) reserve(s) the right to cancel or postpone the School for reasons beyond its (their) control. It is my responsibility to consider insuring against any travel-related cancellation costs, where relevant.