Welcome to the 42nd CERN School of Computing (CSC 2019)!
The school will take place on September 15-28 in the beautiful city of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
The two-week programme consists of more than 50 hours of lectures and hands-on exercises, covering three main themes: physics computing, software engineering, and data technologies. Students who pass the final optional exam will receive a diploma from CSC, as well as ECTS points from UBB + UPB.
However, it's not all study; the social and sport programme is also a vital part of the School. We will have ample opportunities to explore and experience some of Romania's great cultural, historical and natural attractions, and profit from Cluj-Napoca’s location in heart of the Transylvania region.
- mid March - registration opens
- Friday 10 May (midnight CEST/GMT+2) - deadline for applications
- Friday 7 June - you will be informed of outcome of selections
- Friday 5 July - latest date for School fees payment if you are accepted
- Sunday 15 September (afternoon/evening) - student arrivals at Napoca Hotel, Cluj-Napoca
- Saturday 28 September (morning) - departure
Who can apply?
The School is aimed at postgraduate (ie. minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent) engineers and scientists, working at CERN or at other research institutes, with experience in particle physics, in computing or in related fields. We welcome applications from all nationalities, and encourage all qualified persons to apply. Limited financial support may be available.