If you are coming to Crete, please pay attention to fill in and submit your PLF form for Greece, the day before your arrival in Greece; however the " day before " as defined in greek time.
Eg if you are in Geneva the PLF deadline is 23:00 the day before your arrival in Greece and if you are in NY, USA, the deadline is 15:00 the day before the day of your arrival. It is better to fill it 2 days in advance to be sure.
Here is the form:
For information last year in ICNFP2020, some people missed their flight due to the PLF.
For flights you need a PCR test for which the sample was taken 72 hours in advance of the ARRIVAL day/time in Greece. Please pay attention to count the 72 hours taking into account the difference in time of your place from Greece.
You can check the conditions online in the above link in case you are vaccinated.
If you will travel with boat inside Greece eg from Athens to Chania, you need only to take a rapid test 24 hours before departure (it should cost like 10 EUR) if your PCR test is not anymore within 24 hours from departure of the boat.
The address of OAC can be found here:
2) Prior to departure, all travelers must ensure that they carry an acceptable form of certification of their health condition. Acceptable documents include:
- A negative PCR molecular test result from a laboratory; the test must include your name and PASSPORT number, the DATE and TIME when the sample was taken; the test must be taken up to 72 hours BEFORE ENTRY to Greece; the 72 hours must be counted in LOCAL GREEK TIME
- A negative antigen (rapid) test result from a laboratory; the test must include your name and PASSPORT number, the DATE and TIME when the sample was taken; the test must be taken up to 48 hours BEFORE ENTRY to Greece; the 72 hours must be counted in LOCAL GREEK TIME.
Acceptable vaccines are: Pfizer BioNtech, Moderna, Astra Zeneca/Oxford, Novavax, Johnson + Johnson/Janssen, Sinovac Biotech, Gamaleya (Sputnik), Cansino Biologics, Sinopharm among others.
- Proof of a negative PCR test is not required if the traveler was tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 2 to 9 months. This can be proved either by presenting a positive PCR molecular or an antigen test result performed by an authorized laboratory or a medical certificate confirming that the holder was tested positive with SARS-CoV-2 virus infection.
- Every traveler who arrives in Greece, regardless of the certificate in their possession, may undergo a random health screening. If you are selected, please keep in mind that the screening is mandatory. In case of refusal, authorities reserve the right to refuse entry into the country. The selection is made through a targeted sampling system ”EVA” used also in the summer of 2020.
- Important clarification: Entry of tourists in Greece is not subject to vaccination. Presenting a vaccination certificate greatly facilitates the procedures upon arrival. However, in no case is a vaccination or antibodies certificate considered a "passport".
- The countries from which entry is allowed, under the aforementioned conditions, without the requirement for subsequent self-isolation are: EU & Schengen Area countries, USA, UK, Albania, Australia, Bahrein, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Canada, China, Israel, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Montenergro*, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Qatar, the Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, UAE, Ukraine.
* For Montenegro, passengers must carry both a vaccination certificate and a negative PCR certificate from a testing laboratory, for a COVID-19 test taken no later than 72 hours before arrival.
- Non EU citizens are strongly advised to choose direct flights to Greece. In any other case, travelers should abide by the stop-over country requirements.
Passengers are allowed to enter the country through all international airports and the ports of Patras, Igoumenitsa and Corfu.
Travelers arriving in Greece are subject to:
- Sampling RAPID antigen tests at the entrance gates for selected individuals drawn from a targeted sampling system, based on the ”EVA” system.
- Mandatory isolation if they test positive for SARS-Cov-2, following a sampling test. In this case, the travelers and their travel companions are accommodated in quarantine hotels, where they will undergo further PCR testing to confirm the initial diagnosis. Guests will stay in seclusion hotels for a maximum of 10 days. The expenses of the accommodation in quarantine hotels are covered by the Greek state.
- Wearing masques inside the conference center halls, and when many people gather together outside
- There must be 1 empty seat between conference participants in the meeting rooms
- Only people with name badges/people with permission are allowed to enter the meeting room. The venue responsible will control this from time to time
- The antiseptic lotion will be provided at the entrance and is to be used by every person before entering the meeting room and also before using the conference site laptop. You are invited to use your own laptop with preference.
- The conference room is to be entered according to the safety measures (distance between people, no handshakes etc.)
- The speaker microphones, the remote control as well as aisle microphones must be cleaned after each speaker. Table microphones of the panel must be cleaned after every session
- Seats of the panel must be in distance from each other
- The doors (conference rooms as well as building) must remain open for fresh air. Use of A/C only with special measures.
- It is recommended to send talks electronically the day before and not bring USB sticks
- For the speakers and panel, bottled water will be provided
- In the foyer, the antiseptic lotion will be provided
- NO papers/flyers/printed program is to be used; everything has to be sent electronically to the participants, also the name badges and certificates of attendance
- Whoever has symptoms of COVID-19 must stay away from the meeting and refer to the reception for further steps
- The same measures apply to all conference rooms used
Measures for OAC hotel and other hotels
- Every person is asked to bring and use their own pen to fill in forms handed out at the reception
- Name, address, telephone number, email address etc. is to be given by every guest to the hotel/venue
- All information given to the hotel/venue is to be kept at the reception
- A “book of incidents” is to be kept at the reception. All movements of guests/participants (shopping, excursion, walk, etc.) are to be noted in this book
- Only single rooms or rooms used by family are allowed. NO shared rooms.
- Cleaning will not be done every day, but upon request and/or at the end of the stay
- Rooms that have been used by a healthy person must be cleaned and can be used again only after 24 hours at least
- Rooms that have been used by an infected person must be kept closed for 72 hours and then cleaned and disinfected
- People must keep a distance of at least 1,5 meters when standing in a line. There will be indicators on the floor in front of the reception desk
Measures for restaurants
- No masque needed when sited
- No more than 10 people are allowed to sit at one table
- There must be a distance of 1,5 meters between the different tables
- Only staff is allowed to hand out food. No self-service. Plates that have been used must not be used again. There must be a distance of 1,5m between people waiting at the buffet. Participants are asked to have their meal and then leave the dining area to make space for others
Travel information can be found on official web-pages: