Working group 4: Type IIA superstrings in AdS_4 x CP^3 background.
Organizers: I. Bakas, S. Penati, D. Sorokin
Moderators: Silvia Penati, Maria Schimpf, Linus Wulff
Date, time, and location: Wednesday 11th 16:00h, AB auditorium (room 6-2-024)
According to the Aharony, Bergman, Jafferis and Maldacena (ABJM) construction, at strong coupling, M-theory on AdS_4 x S^7/Z_k can be effectively described by type IIA superstring theory on the AdS_4 x CP^3 background which preserves 24 out of 32 supersymmetries. To understand this new example of holography, one needs, to determine the spectrum of the corresponding string theory. We plan to discuss issues of the derivation of the explicit form of the superstring action in the AdS_4 x CP^3 superbackground and applications of this action to the study of the AdS_4/CFT_3 correspondence from the string side.
1. T. McLoughlin and R. Roiban, "Spinning strings at one-loop in AdS4 x P3", JHEP 0812:101 (2008), 0807.3965.
2. L. F. Alday, G. Arutyunov and D. Bykov, "Semiclassical Quantization of Spinning Strings in AdS4 x CP3", JHEP 0811:089 (2008), 0807.4400.
3. C. Krishnan, "AdS4/CFT3 at one loop", arXiv:0807.4561
4. T. McLoughlin, R. Roiban and A. A. Tseytlin, "Quantum spinning strings in AdS4 x CP3: testing the Bethe Ansatz proposal", JHEP 0811:069 (2008), 0809.4038.
5. G. Arutyunov and S. Frolov, ``Superstrings on AdS4x CP3 as a Coset Sigma-model,'' JHEP 0809 (2008) 129 [arXiv:0806.4940 [hep-th]]; B.J. Stefanski, ``Green-Schwarz action for Type IIA strings on AdS4x CP3,'' arXiv:0806.4948 [hep-th]; P. Fre and P.A. Grassi, ``Pure Spinor Formalism for Osp(N|4) backgrounds,'' arXiv:0807.0044 [hep-th].
6. J. Gomis, D. Sorokin and L. Wulff, ``The complete AdS4x CP3 superspace for the type IIA superstring and D-branes,'' arXiv:0811.1566 [hep-th].