You can reach the VERTEX2016 Workshop venue in the following ways:
- By plane to Roma Fiumicino airport, and then using the meeting bus provided.
- By train to Piombino Marittima, ferry-boat to Portoferraio. A meeting shuttle will be available upon request to connect participants to the meeting site from the Portoferraio harbour.
- By car to Piombino, ferry-boat to Portoferraio, a short drive to La Biodola (10km). Since parking is limited at the Hotel Hermitage, we encourage participants to use the meeting buses as much as possible.
Workshop bus will connect the Workshop site to Roma Airport "Leonardo da Vinci" (FCO). Below is the final schedule:
Sunday, September 25th: destination Hotel Hermitage
- from Roma Fiumicino airport at 14:00
The meeting point for participants is at the meeting point area after the Baggage Claim area of Terminal 3 (the red round circle on the map);
There will be somebody of the Organizing Committee waiting for you at the meeting points about one hour before the workshop bus departure.
Saturday, October 1st: origin Hotel Hermitage
- to Roma Fiumicino airport at 6:30 (expected arrival at 12:30)
General Travel Information
For general information on Isola d'Elba, you can consult Elbalink. A map is also available (click here for a zoom).
Useful links to the main airports to reach Isola d'Elba:
Elba airport (Silver Air has weekly flight connections with Pisa airport on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday)
Pisa "Galileo Galilei"
Firenze "A. Vespucci" (Peretola)
Roma "Leonardo da Vinci" (Fiumicino)
Piombino Marittima station is located just across the road from the harbor so you can easily transfer to the ferry-boat.
Companies operating from Piombino to Portoferraio:
Directions to reach Isola d'Elba from various locations:
Milan static version - Google Maps version
Florence static version - Google Maps version
Rome static version - Google Maps version
How to reach la Biodola by car from Portoferraio (click here for the Google Maps version).