If you have received an Invitation Letter, you will be required to pay the School fee. The deadline for payment of the fee is:
Monday 19 June 2017
If you have been offered a place at the School and we have not received your fee by this date, you risk losing your place at the School and it being offered to another applicant.
The total fee of the School is EUR 1200 per participant.
The fee covers:
- Tuition and handouts.
- Accommodation from arrival day Sunday 27 August, to departure day Saturday 9 September.
- All dinners from Sunday 27 August to Friday 8 September.
- Lunches and two daily coffee breaks from Monday 28 August to Friday 8 September.
- All breakfasts from Monday 28 August to Saturday 9 September included.
- All organized social activities (sport, excursions, special dinners ...) of which details will be given at a later time.
The fee does NOT cover:
- travel expenses from the participants' home location or working place to the School location in Madrid and back.
- The cost of a travel visa when required.
- The school will neither arrange accommodation nor will cover any cost associated to extended stay of the students in Madrid. Participants arriving before Sunday evening 27 August or leaving after Saturday 9 September a.m. will have to organize themselves their extended stay.
- Any extra cost incurred during the stay (including private excursions, private expenses in the hotel and on the campus, private transport costs, private meals, etc).
- Any cost incurred by a participant not following the official excursion or social programme (e.g. meal cost of a participant not attending an excursion which includes a meal).
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned are not included in the fee.
In some cases (eg. applications from developing countries), applicants may be considered for financial support towards the School fee.
Please note that any consideration of support depends on your specific circumstances, as well as how many requests we receive. Therefore we cannot - and will not - provide you an estimate before you have applied to attend the School.
If you wish to make a request for financial support, please submit your completed CSC 2017 application, and send an e-mail to email@example.com to make an official request, explaining why you wish to be considered for financial support.
Please note we are not able to consider an applicant's suitability or eligibility without a complete application, including all the supporting documents.
There are two ways to pay:
- TID - for participants located at CERN and/or with CERN internal transfer capabilities.
- Bank transfer - for participants external to CERN and/or with no CERN internal transfer capabilities.
TID and bank transfer details will be provided in the Invitation Letter.