If you have received an Invitation Letter, you will be required to pay the School fee. The deadline for payment of the fee is:
Monday 18 June 2018
If you have been offered a place at the School and we have not received your fee by this date, you risk losing your place at the School and it being offered to another applicant.
The total fee of the School is EUR 1500 per participant.
The fee covers:
- Handouts and a welcome pack.
- Accommodation from arrival day Monday 1 October, to departure day Sunday 14 October.
- All dinners from Monday 1 October to Saturday 13 October.
- All lunches as well as coffee breaks from Tuesday 2 October to Saturday 13 October.
- All breakfasts from Tuesday 2 October to Sunday 14 October included.
- All organized social activities (sport, excursions, special dinners, etc.) of which details will be given at a later time.
The fee does NOT cover:
- Travel expenses from the participants' home location or working place to the School location in Tel Aviv and back.
- The cost of an Israeli visa when required.
- Any extra cost incurred during the stay (including private excursions, private expenses in the hotel and on the campus, private transport costs, private meals, etc.).
- Any cost incurred by a participant not following the official excursion or social programme (e.g. meal cost of a participant not attending an excursion which includes a meal).
- Any other expenses not explicitly mentioned are not included in the fee.
The School will neither arrange accommodation nor will cover any cost associated to extended stay of the students in Tel Aviv. Participants arriving before Monday 1 October or leaving after Sunday 14 October morning will have to organize themselves their extended stay. If you wish to stay at Bnei Dan before October 1 or after October 14, please book a room directly at Bnei Dan.
In some cases (eg. applications from developing countries), applicants may be considered for financial support towards the School fee.
Please note that any consideration of support depends on your specific circumstances, as well as how many requests we receive. Therefore we cannot - and will not - provide you an estimate before you have applied to attend the School.
If you wish to make a request for financial support, please submit your complete CSC 2018 application, and send an e-mail to Computing.School@cern.ch to make an official request, explaining why you wish to be considered for financial support.
Please note we are not able to consider an applicant's suitability or eligibility without a complete application, including the supporting Reference Letter from your professor or supervisor.
There are two ways to pay:
- TID - for participants located at CERN and/or with CERN internal transfer capabilities.
- Bank transfer - for participants external to CERN and/or with no CERN internal transfer capabilities.
TID and bank transfer details will be provided to accepted applicants in their Invitation Letters.