The Collaboration meeting will take place at the campus of Technical University of Munich in Garching (see VENUE). Find below all possible connections between different places in Munich/Garching and the conference venue.
From MUNICH AIRPORT you take S1 train and go two stations to "Neufahrn". Exit there and go to the bus stop. Take bus 690 in the direction "Garching Forschungszentrum" (not Eching). Go until the last stop (~15'). You will exit next to the U6 station (as in the picture above).
From Munich city or Garching city you take U6 to Garching-Forschungszentrum (that is the last station). Please take the north exit from the station (direction Lichtenbergstraße, Physik, Mensa...).
The conference venue will be just in front of you, 150 m from the exit you take. We meet in the Institute for Advanced Study, 4th floor "Faculty Club".
Please note in the Munich downtown there is U6 station called “Universität”. This is not where the meeting takes place
Please find below more detailed information on the transportation between different locations as well as the transportation costs.
Munich is well connected with the rest of the world by all means of transportation.
The following map present a schematic overview of all connections between airport (Flughafen), train central station (Hauptbahnhof), city centre (Marienplatz), Garching (city) and the Technical University Campus (Garching Forschungszentrum) in all possible combinations.
Airport – Munich Center
- S-Bahn (Suburban Train) S1 or S8: every 10-20’, 40’ ride, 10 EUR
-TAXI: 35’ ride, ~90 EUR
Airport – Garching Campus (working day)
- S-Bahn S1 to Neufahrn (2 stops) + BUS 690 in the direction Garching Forschungszentrum: every 20’, 40’ ride, 8.70 EUR
- S-Bahn S8 to Ismaning + BUS 230: every 20’, 40’ ride, 8.70 EUR
- TAXI: 15’ ride, ~40 EUR
Airport – Garching City (working day)
- S-Bahn S1 to Neufahrn + BUS 690 to Garching (as above) + U-Bahn U6 to Garching: 50’ ride, 8.70 EUR
- S-Bahn S8 to Ismaning + BUS 230
- TAXI: 15’ ride, ~40-50 EUR
Airport - Garching (weekend)
- please contact the organisers (E-MAIL) if you stay in Garching and plan to arrive by plane on the weekend (especially on Sunday)
- some bus connections may not available, depending on time of your arrival
- we will assure to find the most optimal and fastest way to get to your hotel
Munich Centre – Garching (City, Campus)
-U-Bahn (Subway) line U6 from the city centre: every 10’, 25’ ride (see details above)
- single ticket: 5.80 EUR
Garching (city) – Garching (campus)
- U-Bahn line U6 every 10’, 3’ ride
- single ticket: 1.50 EUR
- valid for Garching Hochbrück and Garching stations
All connections in Munich/Garching area can be checked via: MVG PORTAL
For your stay we recommend to purchase a weekly ticket + extra tickets for the airport for a total amount of ~45 EUR
(contact us for more details)
For people communicating by car, here is a schematic map of tall main highways and main roads in the Munich/Garching area.
Please find some recommendations for the parking places at the TUM campus under the following link: