- [Sept 19] We have started to upload the slides of the talks of those speakers who agreed. The slides can be accessed in the two following ways:
- Go to the timetable, make sure that “Detailed view” is activated, click on the paper clip symbol next to the title of a talk and a link to the PDF will appear.
- Go to the contribution list, search for the respective talk, go to the webpage of the talk and you’ll find a link to the PDF below the abstract.
- [Sept 15] You can watch today’s public lecture by Paul C. W. Davies “Are We Alone in the Universe?” on Youtube.
- [Sept 9] You can download the conference programme here and a PDF version of the helpful clues here. You will receive a print-out of both during the registration.
- [Sept 8] In addition to the regular registration/check-in at 8:00 am on Monday, there will be a
early check-in on Sunday, September 11, from 17:00 to 20:00 at the conference site (ul. Szczerbcowa 4).
- [Sept 1] We have updated the website with some helpful clues to facilitate your stay in Szczecin, a list of recommendable restaurants to go for dinner and the directions how to get to your hotel and from the hotel to the conference site.
- [Aug 25] Some information about the talks of the parallel sessions:
The talks should be in the PDF format (4:3 aspect ratio) and you should allow for 5 min of questions and remarks. You can give your talk on a USB pen drive to the technical assistant of your session or e-mail it to him/her. We will inform you about the technical assistant of your session in the upcoming days.
(If you absolutely need to use Powerpoint or Keynote because of some animations or videos, please inform us before the start of the conference. In this case, we would ask you to use your own laptop for your talk and would probably need to reschedule your talk in order to allow for a smooth transition between the talks in one session.)
The optimal poster size is A0 (841 × 1189 mm).
- [Aug 22] The list of contributions (plenary and parallel talks, posters) is now available.
- [Aug 17] The hotel Campanile is now only available from Sept 11 to 13 and Sept 16 to 17. For Sept 14 and 15 the hotel is unfortunately fully booked.
- [Aug 6] The registration for the session “Philosophy and cutting edge of physics and cosmology” on Saturday, September 17, 09:30–13:30, is now open – the session is free for professionals in the fields of sciences, art, philosophy and theology upon registration. (Participants of the conference do not need to register again, of course.)
- [July 31] The poster for the public lecture by Paul C. W. Davies has been added and a Facebook event for the talk has been created.
- [July 26] The schedule for the parallel sessions with the contributed talks has been added to the timetable. (Click on “Detailed view” to see the talks.)
- [July 22] The program for the plenary talks has been added to the timetable of the conference. (Click on “Detailed view” to see the talks.)
- [July 16] The submission of abstracts to be presented as contributed talks in one of the parallel sessions is closed. There is still the possibility to present a poster at the conference. If you want to present one, please write an e-mail with a title and short abstract to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- [July 11] Important information about the accommodation options in Szczecin has been added. There is a shortage of hotel rooms in the city due to a tennis tournament taking place in the same week as the conference.
Please book your accommodation as soon as possible.
We have also sent an e-mail to all registered participants with a special accommodation offer. Please check your spam folder if you think that you have not received it.
- Information about the welcome reception and conference dinner has been added.
- [July 7] Some titles of the plenary lectures and the lectures of the session “Philosophy and cutting edge of physics and cosmology” on Saturday morning have been added.
- Information about the public lecture by Paul C. W. Davies entitled “Are We Alone in the Universe?” to be held on Thursday, September 15, has been added.
- [July 1] We have extended the deadline to submit abstracts to Friday, July 15, 2016.
- To those participants who submitted an abstract before or on June 30, we plan to send notifications of whether their abstract has been accepted next week.
- If you have registered before or on June 30 and could not yet pay the conference fee for administrative or bureaucratic reasons, you can still pay the early registration fee of 1500 PLN/1200 PLN later, if you write us an e-mail explaining your situation.
- For those participants who register on or after July 1, the conference fee is 1600 PLN/1300 PLN.
- We have replied to all applications for financial support, please check your spam folder if you think you have not received a reply.